Several windows 7, 8, and 10 users ask how to fix it: windows can’t find one of the files in this theme. The users with the error said that it occurs at that time when they aren’t using the computer for a while. So if you are facing this issue as well, we are here to provide you the quick solutions.
Even after clicking on the yes option from the error box, it will not disappear. The error occurs with a file named “settingsynchost.exe.” Apart from that, you will have the error because of the current theme that you are using.
There are some common causes of this issue that you will know below in our guide. Read on for knowing more about it! Follow the instructions step by step to resolve the problem correctly.
How to Fix: Windows Can’t Find One Of The Files In This Theme
In cases where you encounter an error that “windows can’t find one of the files in this theme”, it is important to know that the cause of the issue so that you can fix it easily. If you have the problem again in the future, it will be easily solved if you know the cause.
Windows Can’t Find One Of The Files In This Theme Causes:
1. Settingsynchost.Exe Is Glitched
Their error will occur with this message, and you have to disable the sync option from the home screen. When the theme is glitched, it doesn’t let the computer sync and causes a particular error.
2. Custom Screensaver Is Causing Issues
If you are using a custom screensaver error, then you will have a theme error on your computer. Most probably, the error occurs when you have left the laptop on without doing anything on it.
3. Active Theme Is Glitching
The active theme is glitching, due to which you are facing a particular error. There are several windows 7,8 and 10 users who managed to solve the issue by changing the active theme and removing the leftover folders from your computer.
If you are hassling to solve the error, our guide will provide detailed information so you can easily figure it out. Below are some useful methods that will help you to fix the issues. In fact, you will have an idea that how you can resolve other bug issues from the computer because we are going to give you a useful tool.
So without any further ado, let’s move onto the solutions:
Solution 1 – Change The Active Theme Of Your Computer
The first and most easy solution for removing the error from your computer is by changing the active themes of your computer. Furthermore, the people of windows 10 face this error when the syncing is not happening properly.
- Go to the personalization section from the settings of your computer.
- Now scroll through all the computer themes and change the file on your system for fixing it.
- Now open the run window and add this by copy-pasting it “%windir%ResourcesThemes”.
- For deleting the themes, we have mentioned the steps below in our guide. So you don’t get confused with changing it with an active theme.
- By changing the active theme, you can fix the error in a few minutes.
- Make a new window for saving the themes and then save it at another location.
Solution 2 – Disable The Customizable Screensaver
Next, we have a simple solution that you can use for removing the error from your device. By disabling the custom screensaver, you can prevent the theme error. You have to check if the screen discolors when the screensaver occurs or not. The CRT discoloration will cause the theme error. Therefore, you have to disable the custom screensaver to resolve the problem.
- You have to click on the windows start button and check the personalization here for your lock screen.
- Scroll and find the screen saver settings.
- Choose the “none” option from the drop-down menu.
- Now the custom screensaver will not appear.
Solution 3 – Disable The Theme From Syncing On Your Computer
You have to disable the theme from syncing on your computer to prevent errors. Most of the users said that they disabled the theme from disabling the syncing on the computer.
You have to do some modifications in your settings and choose the SettingSyncHost.exe to prevent the active theme from running. However, if you disable one theme, then the other themes will lose the syncing as well.
Below are the steps that you have to follow for disabling the theme from syncing on your computer.
- Click on the run dialog box and then enter “ms-settings: sync” here. With this, you can change the settings tab from your account. Now you have to enter the ms-settings: sync.
- Choose the option of individual sync here, and you have to disable the toggle settings associated with the theme. If you are using windows 10, you need to restart the computer and now disable the syncing theme options.
- You have to close the application of settings and now restart the device. The startup will happen again, and you have to check your monitor’s status to know the additional errors.
Note: if you want the syncing feature back, then you have to reverse this method. Enable the theme from the toggle.
Check if the error of the theme is occurring after changing the toggle settings or not. Now you can move to the next method if the theme error persists.
Solution 4 – Run The Tool Of DISM
Next, we have a quick solution that you can try to solve the theme error. You have to run the DISM tool and then repair it. As well, you have to check is there any corrupt file in the device or not. Furthermore, you have to check the system issues on your computer. To repair the files from your computer by the DISM commands, you have to follow these steps:
- Open the command prompt by pressing Windows and X keys and choose it with the privilege of admin.
- Now you have to click on the commands option and execute them in the following ways.
- DISM – Online – clean image – check the health
- Or you can choose the scan health and restore health options.
Now that your commands are executed, you have to restart the device to check if the error persists or not.
Solution 5 – Run The System’s File Checker
In the event that your PC has errors, you need to run the system’s file checker. This will assist your PC in detecting and removing the corrupted system files. Furthermore, it will fix the corrupted system files as well. Furthermore, you will have a quick way to delete the corrupted files from the computer.
For running the system’s file check, you have to follow these commands:
- Enter the “CMD” in the search bar of your windows start area and press enter.
- Choose the option of the run as admin for opening the next command. Press on the admin privileges.
- Type the SFC/scannow in the command prompt.
- Now you will see a window on the system which will start scanning whole files, and it will give the three results that are the following:
- There were no violations of integrity.
- The corrupt file is repaired from your computer.
- Some of the files are unable to repair from your windows.
Lastly, you need to shut down the computer and turn it on to check if the error persists or not.
Solution 6 – Install The Restoro Tool
You must have heard about the restoro repair tool. In this solution, we are going to tell how you can solve the issue with the restoro tool. You will be solving the issue with one click on the restoro tool. Besides, you will have an excellent tool for fixing various kinds of problems in your computer.
Sometimes we can’t figure out what is the issue that is causing the theme error on your computer. You can quickly solve some issues from the PC with the restoro tool.
Firstly, the repair restoro tool will clean the junk files and all the cache files. You will not have any unwanted files on your computer. Best of all, it is convenient to use, and you will have a complete installation process below.
- Restart the computer and then reboot it.
- Now you will have a BIOS option on the screen. It will show the pop up window, and you can reboot from here. Press on the f8 option and click on the advanced option before moving on to the next step.
- Now find the advanced option and click on the safer mode for networking conveniently.
- You have to choose a safe mode for networking.
- Click on the windows and R key now.
- If you have pressed both keys correctly, then a run box will appear on the screen.
- Enter the URL address in your dialog box and click OK.
- Download the restore repair tool and click on the finish option when the file is downloaded. Ensure that the program is launching.
- If the installation is in the process, then you have to wait.
- After the installation process, you will have a complete scan of your windows.
- Lastly, click on the “fix, clean, and optimize” now function.
Solution 7 – Change The Active Theme And Remove The Leftover Files
You have to change the active theme and remove the leftover files on your computer to solve the error. For dealing with the error, you have to change the current theme. Also, remove all the leftover files from the computer that are corrupt.
There are chances that the corrupt files are not letting you run to change the theme. Moreover, the error occurs because the curter theme is glitched. Once the theme is glitched, it cannot sync appropriately by the settingsynchost.exe.
Other than that, you have to determine the active theme issue by changing with the other one. Also, you can delete the location of the file and add it to another place. However, if the theme error is occurring again, then you have to perform other troubleshooting steps. Check them out!
We have a convenient solution for you’re here. You can download the restoro repair tool and replace the corrupt files. The tool will repair the files for you. No doubt, the restoro tool is helpful and you will have an idea from where the system is corrupt and how to replace the files on your computer.
- You have to type “ms-settings: themes” in the dialog box of the run. Enter the personalization setting themes in the menu and click on enter. Now you have to add the “ms-settings: themes” in the Run dialog box.
- After doing the above-mentioned step, you have to click on apply now.
- Now type “%windir%ResourcesThemes” in the given area and click on the location where it is stored.
- You need to enter the dialog run box by entering the “%windir%ResourcesThemes”.
If you don’t have windows 10 then skip one step mentioned with the command, and you need to enter “%localappdata%MicrosoftWindowsThemes or %appdata%MicrosoftWindowsThemes“.
- Now go to the folder or theme and remove all the corresponding themes. You have to delete a theme which is having a similar theme.
- Also, delete the files which were stored before at the same place.
- Now your theme will be changed, and the previous one will not be there.
- You can restart the system and check if the theme error occurs again on the desktop or not.
Solution 8 – Reinstall The Native Windows Apps Suite
If the above solutions didn’t work, then you can reinstall the native windows apps suite. You will struggle to solve the issue if windows have a corrupt native suite. Furthermore, you will have an elevated PowerShell window for installing the whole suite. You have to install the suite with the following steps:
- Firstly, you have to open the run dialog box and then type powershell on it. For installing the native suite again, you have to click ctrl+shift+enter at the same time. Now you will see a window of Powershell.
- Open the account now. You have to click on the user account control and choose the yes option.
- Now press on the powershell window and open the command by pressing enter on the screen.
- You have to reinstall the system applications and include the themes in them as well.
- Now you have to open the run command and click on the restart option. Also, check if the problem is solved in the beginning or not.
To Sum Up
These were all the possible solutions that you can try for fixing windows can’t find one of the files in this theme. Most of Windows 7, 8, and 10 are facing issues while changing the themes. However, you can try any solution from our guide for solving it. It is not necessary to try all the solutions, but we have given versatility.
As per our suggestion, you can go with our top 3 solutions for solving it. This issue can reoccur as well. You can keep the site bookmarked for solving the issue again in the future. There are some users of Windows 10 who said that the issue reoccurred. Also, install the restore repair tool in your computer to figure out your devices’ other matters.
Thanks for the read!