In our guide, we will tell how to fix SteelSeries Arctis 5 mic not working. Moreover, you will be aware of what can cause the mic of headphones to stop working.
If the headphone is not working correctly, you need to plug it again on the laptop. Also, check that the port of the headphone is working fine with the other devices.
This headset doesn’t have a high price tag, and you will have reliable specs. For instance, it has great sound drivers with noise cancellation technology.
Other than that, the mic will deliver the sound clearly on the other end. If the headset’s mic stopped working immediately, you could check it by plugging in any other device.
5 Methods On How To Fix Steelseries Arctis 5 Mic Not Working
Steelseries is a popular headset that comes with incredible sound quality and a mic. You can prefer to tune the setting for having the best quality microphone, which we’ll tell below.
Before we investigate the issues of SteelSeries, you have to determine the methods that make the headphone mic stop working.
· Mute Headset
If the headset is already mute, you will face the SteelSeries Arctis 5 mic not working issue. However, when the mic is muted from the headset, it will show up the red lights. You will have the pre-muted mic when the headset arrives.
· Chat Or Game Feature
The chat and game feature is an important aspect to keep the microphone on. In fact, you have to either decrease or increase the volume for setting up the microphone. Ensure that the mic’s knob is pushed, and you have the quick option of transmitting voice. But if the game feature is disabled, your mic will stop working.
· Incorrect Selection Method
The headset comes with two drivers, and you can select any one of them for using the mic of SteelSeries Arctis 5. Moreover, the chat driver should have access to the settings of the computer. If the headphone is not selected correctly, you have to change the settings so the mic can work.
You have to be familiar with the causes before solving the issues of the SteelSeries mic.
Before You Begin To Solve The Issue:
You have to fix some of the issues before moving on to the solutions for the SteelSeries mic. Turn off the pc and refresh the PC. Plus, you have to temporarily clear the data and later on transfer the data back.
Now you can move onto the solutions of the SteelSeries Arctis 5 mic. Below we’ll show the 5 easy solutions that will help you solve your headset’s issue.
It is not necessary to try all the solutions. Pick one solution which you found most helpful after reading the guide. Let’s delve!
Solution No.1: Enable The Mic
You have to enable the microphone to fix the SteelSeries Arctis 5 mic option. Moreover, you have to select the possible options for making the mic function. Choose the relevant application of the headset. Follow these steps for enabling the microphone option.
- Press the button of the windows from the keyboard.
- You have to select the microphone option.
- Now you have to press the settings of the microphone.
- Navigate the mic’s settings and then check if the access of the mic is given or not.
- You have to switch on the access if it was turned off before.
- Now you will find the options of some specific applications for turning on the mic. You can quickly turn on the microphone settings from the application. Choose the access now settings for all the applications from which you want to use a mic.
- Now you have to test if the mic is working on those apps which have access.
Solution No.2: Tune The Audio Levels Of Steelseries
You have to tune the audio settings to set the SteelSeries headphone. Wondering why it is needed to tune the audio levels?
And, you will have a quick adjustment to the audio levels. You have to turn down the volume for setting the SteelSeries mic option.
Follow these steps for tuning the audio levels:
- On the right side of the screen, the volume option will be given, and you have to click on it.
- You have to choose the option of sound and then move on to the recording tab option.
- Double-click on the SteelSeries Arctis 5 option, and then you have to set the levels tab option. You have to set the volume by more than 50 percent.
Solution No.3: Install The Default Devices
You can install the Arctis 5 headset’s default devices, and then the PC will automatically connect the device.
So which are the devices to fix the SteelSeries Arctis mic?
The devices include the Arctis 5 game and the 5 chat. You have to reset these devices, so the mic starts working. For resetting the devices, you have to use the following steps:
- First, you have to right-click on the headsets’ volume button and then press on the right side of the SteelSeries screen.
- Open the sound option settings from the file.
- You have to use the sound settings by selecting the input and output devices.
- After that, you’ll see that the headset is selection is correct.
- The SteelSeries Arctis 5 game should be selected as an output, and the SteelSeries Arctis 5 chat should be selected as input devices.
- Now you have to check if there is any issue related to the headset or the mic.
Solution No.4: Install TheSteelseries Engine
You can install the SteelSeries engine application on your computer. Indeed, this application of the steel series will help you deal with all your headset issues. If the above methods didn’t work, you should install the app.
You must be thinking about why this software is necessary?
The SteelSeries engine comes with various features you can use to solve the issues of the SteelSeries headset. Do not waste any time. You can follow these steps for installing the SteelSeries engine:
- Firstly, you have to download the app of SteelSeries from google.
- Now complete the setup of the SteelSeries and install the software.
- After completing the installation process, you can disconnect the headset easily and then reconnect it again.
- The SteelSeries engine should detect the headset device. You can see the device on the screen while the app is finding it.
- Now you can check the device settings and then click on the live mic preview.
- Also, check if the microphone of the headset is working or not. Test the mic a few times.
Solution No.5: Unmute The Mic
However, if you are still facing the issue with a mic of SteelSeries headphone, then you can try this solution:
- The headset will have a button on the left side of the earcup, and you can adjust that for increasing the volume.
- Push the button until the red light turns off. The headset’s mic will never work if the red light is on.
- The red light will turn off after a few seconds, and now the mic will be unmuted.
Hopefully, the issue is resolved now.
How Can I Fix The Steelseries 5 Mic Problem Easily?
You can quickly fix the SteelSeries microphone issue by tuning the audio levels. Moreover, you have to choose the default device and fix the issue of the mic. Above, we have mentioned other methods that can fix the SteelSeries Arctis 5 mic.
How To Mute Or Unmute The Microphone Of SteelseriesArcis 5?
You can unmute or mute the SteelSeries Arctis 5 mic by pressing the button placed on the left side of the headphone, by pressing it once the headphone will go on mute, and press it back to unmute the mic.
What Is The App OfSteelseries Engine?
The SteelSeries Engine is an application that you can download on the computer for tuning any device of SteelSeries. Furthermore, you can install this application to solve any issue you face with the SteelSeries device.
To Sum Up
Indeed, it is very frustrating when your headphone doesn’t work. Moreover, you will feel that you have invested in the wrong headset. But the problem might not be with the headphone and you have to check all of the above solutions. Indeed, any one of the solutions will work, and you will hear the perfect sound from the headphone.
Unfortunately, if the above solutions didn’t work, you can’t use the Restoro repair tool because it will quickly solve your problem. Not only that, the restore repair tool will make the device free of viruses and detect the issues.
Comment below which solution worked? Thanks for the read!