Many people are asking how to fix: origin overlay not working, and we have figured out all the possible solutions in our guide. Those who do not know what origin is, let us brief. It is a gaming store that works as a game launcher as well.
You will find a lot of features in origin, which enhances the gamer’s experience. One of the most useful features is the origin in-game. Now we are going to solve the issues for you. Try any of the solutions from our guide for fixing it. Let’s start!
How to Fix: Origin Overlay Not Working And What Are Its Causes?
The causes of origin overlay not working could be due to more than one reason. However, the most visible causes of the origin overlay are the following. It is important that you know the cause of the origin overlay error before solving it.
There are chances that the origin overlay in the game is disabled manually. Sometimes you get disabled automatically as well. You have to check after every update of the origin overlay that you aren’t disabled. Furthermore, you need to check the settings of origin overall to know your account status.
The corrupt cache applications will not work, and if the origin overlay has a corrupt cache, you have to clear them out.
The corrupt cache will reduce the productivity of the application. You have to check whether the caches are cleared before or not. Furthermore, you have to run the origin after deleting the caches, so the issues don’t occur. In fact, you have to end the working period of all the previous drivers and then restart the game.
Outdated drivers will not let you run the origin overlay. Thus, it is crucial that you update the drivers of your computer. Additionally, after updating the drivers, you need to check if the laptop needs any updates or not. You will have the smooth working of the computer if the drivers are updated completely.
Antivirus And Firewall Blockage
The antivirus can cause issues in origin overlay. You have to disable the third-party applications in the origin overlay, so you don’t have any restrictions in using the other applications. Furthermore, you have to check if the servers of the origin overlay are working perfectly or not.
Outdated Operating System
The outdated operating system includes any windows. You might be using an OS that is quite old and will not let you run the origin overlay. Modern applications require the operating system of your computer to be updated as well.
Furthermore, the latest generation software will make the system run smoothly no matter which application you are using.
Now that you gaze at all the possible causes, you can move on to the solutions for fixing the origin overlay error.
Before you start implementing the solution, ensure that you are running the system as an administrator. You have to the right click on the menu of origin and then choose properties. You have to go on the pop up menu or origin and then check its compatibility. Now you need to run the origin overlay program as an administrator.
You have to launch the origin overlay and check if the error is occurring still or not? Move onto the solutions of origin overlay in-game.
Solution 1 – Enable The Origin In-Game Overlay
- For enabling the origin in-game overlay, you have to launch the application on your desktop.
- Now you login to your account here.
- Open the origin by clicking on the menu bar and press it on the top side of your screen. You have to choose the application settings by opening them.
- Now you have to navigate the origin in-game by enabling the button of the toggle. The toggle will appear in origin in-game settings.
- Click on the settings to apply them now. Hopefully, the origin overlay will go back to the usual circumstances.
Solution 2 – Switch To The Client Origin Beta
For switching on the client origin beta, you can follow these steps:
- Open the origin from your desktop and login to your id here.
- Now click on the origin icon from the top side of the screen and open this application’s settings.
- After that, choose the application settings and enable them. You will find an option of participating in the client’s origin beta. From here, you have to click on the updating section.
- After clicking on the beta version, you have to restart the client and check if the in-game settings are switched to the standard settings or not.
Solution 3 – Clear The Origin Cache
Our solution number 3 is quite helpful, and it will clear the origin error and other errors from the computer. You have to delete the previous cache from your computer.
- Click on the windows icon twice and now open the run box from the pop-up menu.
- You will have the search box in the run and enter %temp% here. Now click on enter and save the folder by typing temp over here.
- You have to pick the files in this section for removing the previous cache and then open the folder of temp.
- Click on the run box now and enter “%ProgramData%/Origin” here. You have to delete all the previous cache as well.
- Press on the option of deleting the folders by clicking on the local content folder option.
- Start the run box again and press the AppData here.
- Open the box of the app data and change the origin of this location.
- Now check if all the previous cache are cleared up or not.
Solution 4 – Tweak The Game Settings
For tweaking the game settings, you have to follow these steps:
- Click on the origin client and open the settings from the faulty game.
- Now you have to navigate to the visual selection area and click on the turn on windows mode.
- Do not forget to close the window before clicking on the V sync option.
- You have to make all the changes in your game and encounter the issues over here.
Solution 5 – Repair The Files Of Your Game
You must repair the files of your game by the following steps:
- You have to launch the origin as a client and now click on my game library option. And, you have to perform a left pan for viewing a list of your games in your origin.
- Do not forget to click on the game you are playing and select the option of repairing the files from the pop-up menu.
- After the whole process is ended, you have to relaunch the origin and check if the overlay works perfectly.
Solution 6 – Update The Drivers Automatically
You have to update the drivers of your computer manually. For instance, you have to download the driver comfortably on your computer by the following steps:
- You have to open the official website of the driver easily and then download it.
- Double click on the folder or driver and now click on the installation wizard. You have to follow the instruction which is present on the window of your computer.
- You need to install the tool and now click on the scan now option. Press on the outdated driver button option and click on the scan now option.
- Furthermore, you have to press on the update all option, and now it will automatically start to update your drivers.
- Now you have to restart the origin and check if the error is occurring or not.
If the error is still there, you can try other solutions from our guide. Read on!
Solution 7 – Close The Background Applications
You have to close the background applications for resolving the error. You have to follow these steps to complete the background applications.
- Click on ctrl+shift+esc and now press on the keyboard. For opening the task manager, you have to navigate the different process from the processing tab.
- Now you have to select the process that your background applications are using. For preventing the application, you have to click on the origin overlay and now end the background applications.
You have to close all the background apps, and you have to check which games are enlisted below.
Solution 8 – Look For The Origin Of The Error From Your Third-Party Apps
You have to look for the origin of the errors occurring in your device from the other applications.
- You have to click on the software of antivirus and then click on the settings of the avast.
- Now click on the left pane and select the general tab for locating on the settings option. You need to click on the origin exception.
- Press on the origin of your executable file and now press on the option of settings on your antivirus.
- You have to execute the files of your antivirus.
- Now click on the settings of the firewalls exception. Also, restart the client’s origin to check if there is any issue or not.
- Click on the firewall exception now and restart the client’s origin, and now you have to check if the process is terminated or not.
- However, if you are still facing the antivirus software issue on your account, you have to disable the settings altogether and remove the antivirus software. You have to click on the problems and then check if the error is occurring or not.
For disabling the antivirus completely, you have to click on the icon located on your taskbar and now right-click on the icon of antivirus, which is on your computer.
- Choose the options of avast shield control and now click on the disable selection option.
- You have to click on the option of disabling the antivirus permanently option.
Solution 9 – Perform A Boot For Cleaning Your OS
You have to perform a boot for cleaning your operating system of the computer. For instance, you have to click on the pop-up menu and then click on the option which is given on your screen.
- You have to check if the box is having msconfig option and then click on the enter key. Now choosing the system configuration option on your folder. In the run tab you have to type “msconfig”.
- Click on the tab of services and now you have to check if the services on the Microsoft are hidden or not. You have to hide all the options of your Microsoft operating system.
- Now you have to navigate the settings from the one tab and click on the disabling button option for preventing the services from running on your computer.
- Also, check if the computer has disabled all the previous options so you can restart the computer now.
- You need to reboot the settings from the computer and run it in the safe mode.
- You have to check if the in-game overlay has resolved all the issues.
- Click on the rebooting the computer settings and now check the in-game settings which are resolved or not.
Solution 10 – Disable DX12
You have to disable the DX12 from the computer. In fact, you have to check the battlefield game and then enter the steps that we have mentioned below:
- You have to click on the Windows + E option, and now you have to navigate the settings.
- Click on the option of a pro save profile and now open it from the notepad.
- Press on the Ctrl + F, and now you have to add DX enabled and press on the enter key.
- Click on the options of DX 12 enabled and click on the 1 to 0 option and change the settings.
- For making the changes on your computer, you have to restart the origin overlay, and now you have to check the status of the error.
Solution 11 – Install The Origin Again
You have to install the origin again on your laptop by clicking on the icon of the windows. You have to press on the option of run from the menu, and then you’ve to enter the appwiz. Cpl.
- Now press the enter key and click on the options which are on your keyboard. You have to enter “appwiz. cpl”.
- Enter “appwiz. CPL” on the options and now press the enter key. You have to click on the options of uninstalling the origin from the pop-menu.
- Navigate the settings of your location, and now you have to delete the folder of origin.
- Open the window of run again, and now you have to click on the regedit option. You have to click on the editor. You are typing regedit.
- Make the changes on your registry editor, and you have to click on the changes that are required on the screen.
- You must navigate the settings from your location, and now you have to open the folder of origin.
- You have to locate from the settings and now click on the origin overlay folder from where it is located. Also, find out where is the location registry on your laptop.
- In the given space of the run box, you have to enter the “%programdata%.”
- Now find the original location by double-clicking on it.
- You have to launch the browser, and then you have to click on the downloading option of origin from its original site.
- You have to double-click on the downloaded file options and then follow the instructions given on the screen.
- Click on the option of origin of the client and then install it. You have to check the issues in your game overlay as well. You have to resolve the issue before restarting the origin overlay.
Solution 12 – Look For The Updates In Your Windows
You have to look for the updates in your operating system by the following steps:
- Click on the option of windows overlay and now press on the open system of the settings. You have to click on the updates and security and check if the operating system is updated.
- You have to click on the update and security from the left side.
- Press on the options of windows for updating it. Now click on the right pane to know if any updates are required or not.
- You have to install the updates on the computer by encountering the error. You have to update the windows on the latest version for resolving the origin overlay error.
Solution 13 – Reset The Windows
- You have to reset the windows by clicking on the windows + I option. Also, you have to open the settings and go to the security and updating section.
- Click on the left pane, and now you have to click on the tab of recovery. You have to start the resetting option of your windows by clicking on the Reset PC option.
- Additionally, you have to check if your file options are followed on-screen and reset the computer. Also, keep the files on any other device, so they are saved.
- You have to take the risk at your own experience.
Other than that, if you cannot reset the windows, you have to ask an expert on the computer.
To Sum Up
If the above solutions for origin overlay did not work, you could resolve them using another account on your computer. Make sure that you are logging in on your new account as an administrator. In this way, your error of origin overlay will dissolve easily.
All being well, now you have the additional features while gaming. Thanks for the read!